Dalby Firewood is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary (the time of your active customer account). So if you'd like to cancel your account and have us remove your data please let us know directly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. If your browser is configured to accept cookies, the file is downloaded and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. You can also 'Unsubscribe' from our emails at any time by following the link in the email.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us (see our address below) or contacting us via our contact form.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may access or update your details at any time by editing them in your account or contacting us directly. You may also request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held or have any questions about anything to do with your personal data on you please write to:
Middle House Farm
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights which we will always work to uphold.
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This policy should cover everything you need to know but you can always contact us regarding this.
- The right to access the data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate or incorrect.
- The right to be forgottern i.e the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict the processing of this data
- the right to object to us using the personal dara for a particular purposes.
- The right to data portibality. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
Futher information about your rights can also be obtained from the information Commisioners Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.